Bruno Torres (Brasilia, October 1st, 1980) is actor, filmmaker, photographer and musician.
He has worked in 33 movies in different positions, 18 of them being feature films and 15 short films. He directed the 35 mm short films
“The Last Sunset”, “The Night As Witness”, “O Tempo Do Plano” and “Encontro Das Águas”.
As an actor, he worked in the Rede Globo’s serie "Dupla Identidade" and in the soap opera “Insensato Coração”. He also worked in the feature films “Somos Tão Jovens”, by Antônio Carlos Da Fontoura; “No Sleep At All”, by Geraldo Moraes; “Sal De Prata”, by Carlos Gerbase, “As Vidas De Maria” by Renato Barbieri, among others.
In 2015 he can be seen in the box office “Payback”, by André Moraes and in the feature “Oxigênio”, by Pedro Zimmerman.
On March 2019, Bruno finished his first feature film "LIZ'S WAIT".
MAIN AWARDS AND FESTIVALS
* Finalist in the “Grande Prêmio Do Cinema Brasileiro” in 2014 in the “best supporting actor” category, for his role in the feature Somos Tão Jovens.
* AUDIENCE PRIZE OF BEST FILM (O Último Raio De Sol) in the festival Ultramarino Tirant Guarnicê de Valência 2005 – Espanha.
* BEST FILM (O Último Raio De Sol) elected by the renown organization SIGNIS OCIC (International Catholic Organization for Cinema and Audiovisual).
* BEST DIRECTOR (O Último Raio De Sol) in the Festival Mercosul De Florianópolis 2005 (FAM).
* AUDIENCE PRIZE OF BEST FILM (O Último Raio De Sol) and (A Noite Por Testemunha) in various national festivals, some of which are: XIV CINE-PE; Mostra De Cinema De Tiradentes; Festival Mercosul De Florianópolis e Festival Do Júri Popular 2011, which occurred in 21 Brazilian capitols.
* BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR in the feature film (O Homem Mau Dorme Bem) in the 42o Festival De Brasília Do Cinema Brasileiro and in the XIV CINE-PE.
* Producer of the short film "My Friend Nietzsche," winner of the best short film award voted by the public and also winner of the "Fernand Raynoud" in CLÉMONT-FERRAND film festival, the most important short film festival of the world.
* He participated in the “Festival Internacional De Cine De Huesca 2010”, with the film “A Noite Por Testemunha”, festival where its winner becomes eligible to run for the Oscars (Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences);
* He participated with the film “O Último Raio De Sol” in the “Festival Del Nuevo Cine Latino Americano De La Habana – Cuba 2005”;
© 2016 BRUNO TORRES /